Posted on November 1st, 2010
Any way you look at it the 3rd Annual Halloween Ball and Auction “Through the Looking Glass” was a great success!
All of us at AHAT want to thank you for your part in making this all happen. With the great support of our sponsors and the many contributors of auction items, we provided our guests with some fantastic opportunities to bid and enjoy an evening of fun, good food and good fellowship.
Our thanks also go to the generous bidders who made those contributions increase in value and help us raise over $25,000.00 to help support the good work of AIDS Housing. None of this could have been done without your support.
Please be assured that your contribution will be greatly appreciated by those we serve day after day and will make a significant difference in their journey toward a future of hope, greater self-sufficiency and more independent housing.
We hope you will join us next year!
Posted on September 20th, 2010
It’s that time of the year for us to gear up for the AIDS Walk.
This year the walk will be at 9th and Broadway in downtown Tacoma from 9 AM-1 PM
AHAT will be participating in the Pierce County AIDS Walk Community Resource Expo. The Expo provides AHAT the opportunity to inform the community of our services and up coming event. If you have never walked the walk or worked the booth for the AIDS walk you have been missing out on a morning of fun with old and new friends. It was also a chance to meet the family and friends of the people we serviced over the years, and a reminder of why our jobs at AHAT are so important If you are able to help out at the Expo booth please email me the time you are available to work. If you are unable to walk think about sponsoring the AHAT Team.
Posted on August 23rd, 2010
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Status: Part Time
Reports to: Executive Director
The Accounting Manager position is a part-time position. The Accounting Manager will ensure the agency accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. This is a hands-on position. This individual needs to have a solid background in non-profit accounting and grant administration. This position requires expertise in QuickBooks.
- Must be a QuickBooks expert.
- Reconcile all accounts monthly (bank accounts, loans, balance sheet accounts).
- Prepare deposits.
- Handle the A/P process from start to finish.
- Enter and post donations.
- Handle month-end closing.
- Prepare Financial Reports for Finance Committee & Board of Directors.
- Prepare for and manage the Annual Audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain Grant Files & Records.
- Work with Executive Director on creating budgets for grant applications.
- Complete monthly government Grant invoices (reimbursement grants).
- Reconcile & close out Grants at end of contract.
- Prepare the annual operating budget for all programs.
- Prepare the cash flow budget.
- Monitor budget vs. actual costs.
- Monitor cash balances.
- Monitor cash flow budget.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain the personnel files for all employees.
- Work with Executive Director on benefits.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll in house.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have an accounting degree and/or 5 – 10 years experience in accounting, preferably non-profit accounting.
- Must be a QuickBooks expert!
- Must have excellent Microsoft Office skills, this includes Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to climb stairs with ease.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time at a desk
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Contact: David Strong, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on August 9th, 2010
Join us for Our Birthday Party
As we celebrate 21 years of providing services to people living with HIV/AIDS
You are invited to join us in our court-yard on Saturday, August 14th from 1:00 to 4:00 for a BBQ
Please R.S.V.P. to Janet @ 253-272-5533