Posted on September 7th, 2015
When: Saturday, October 17, 2015
Where: Tacoma Convention & Trade Center
AHAT announces this year’s ‘AHAT Meets The Mummy’ auction theme. Single tickets prices start at $60n and $75 at the door
You can support AHAT by donating items or registering in advance today.
Posted on March 31st, 2014
The Housing Case Manager provides services to individuals with HIV/AIDS with the goal of stabilizing health, housing. The primary population served by this position are homeless or at-risk of homelessness.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments and develop service plans with clients. Assist with screening intakes for new clients for housing and services.
- Implement, monitor, review and update individual service plans with clients, tailoring the plans to the clients’ identified needs.
- Actively participate in community based programs and other activities that support HIV care, prevention efforts and expansion of services for people experiencing homelessness, especially in minority communities.
- Co-facilitate a support groups for our Living Well Program as needed
- Document client contacts as required by funding sources. Maintain accurate records and prepare statistical reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of HIV/AIDS related conditions and treatment and use knowledge to educate clients and people in their support systems.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with medical providers, mental health and chemical dependency providers, and other social service providers. Facilitate referrals for such services when necessary and appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of eligibility and benefit provisions for public and private financial assistance and health care coverage programs. Assist clients to enroll in appropriate programs.
- Educate clients in the concept of harm reduction when necessary and appropriate.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Model and maintain appropriate professional boundaries at all times with all clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required in psychology, social work, counseling or closely related field from a fully accredited college or university. Employment history must include a minimum of two years related work in a health or human service agency preferable dealing with HIV organization and housing and chronic homelessness.
- Basic knowledge of how HIV is transmitted, acquired, and treated. Experience working with HIV+ individuals is preferred.
- Candidates must possess a solid understanding of the unique issues regarding HIV especially among racial and sexual minorities.
- Prefer candidates who have experience working with diverse populations.
- Must have reliable car, Washington Driver’s license and appropriate insurance.
- Knowledge about the grieving, death and dying process.
- Prefer candidates with experience in mental health, substance abuse and/or chronic homelessness.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to an environment that celebrates diversity and difference especially related to socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, race and ethnicity.
- Knowledge of community resources and referrals.
- Willingness and ability to articulate and abide by AHAT’s philosophy and policies in providing service to clients and in representing the agency.
- Ability to be flexible, supportive and to work cooperatively with staff as a member of a diverse team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficiency in computer word-processing and Excel; demonstrated ability to access information via the Internet.
- Familiarity with client services databases (Residex and Homeless Management Information System)
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Compensation for this position depends on qualifications. Benefits include medical and dental plans, paid holidays, and paid vacation.
How to Apply:
Please submit an application, resume, and cover letter to David Strong, Executive Director. Those being considered for employment will be required to provide proof of highest educational degree and to submit to a criminal background check.
For an application, please visit our website at or contact us via phone or fax:
AIDS Housing Association of Tacoma
301 North L. Street
Tacoma, Washington 98402
Posted on September 6th, 2013
Toasting 25 years of Caring
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center
This year’s theme is “Disco-Ween 13” and it promises to be a night filled with fun and excitement. In addition to a silent auction with some unusual and intriguing items, there will be an exciting live auction.
Tickets start at $60 each. All proceeds from the event benefit the work of AHAT and the provision of critical and life-saving services for our clients.
Purchase tickets and learn more…
Featured Live Auction Item:
Zulu Nyala Group offering of a 6 Day, 6 Night stay in South Africa, Photo Safari for 2
Zulu Nyala Game Lodge
Value: $4950 US (not including airfare) for TWO
Donor: Trevor Shaw Safaris and Laura Michalek, Your Auctioneer
Situated in Southern Maputaland in one of the largest and most diverse conservation areas in Zululand, South Africa (where the movie I Dreamed of Africa was filmed)
Your Choice of Four Luxury Accommodations
- Hemmingway Safari Tent Camps
- Heritage Hotel
- Nyati or Ndlovu Lodges
- Zulu Nyala Game Lodge
Daily Open Land Rover Trips with experienced Guides. See abundant plains game: Elephant, Rhino, Giraffe, Hippo, Zebra, Nyala, Cheetah, Buffalo, Kudu, and more.
- Personal beverages and phone calls also not included.
- Schedule as early as possible to ensure choice of lodging (you can stay a few nights in one accommodation and a few nights in another or in one place the whole time).
- Must be used within 2 years of purchase date
Other Live Auction Items:
- Gig Harbor B&B
- Night out in Tacoma
- Two and Three Night Getaways
Tickets: $10 each
Win an unforgettable 10-day cruise for two on ANY Holland America Cruise line.